Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Where would be the best place for me to live in Japan


Where would be the best place for me to live in Japan?
I'm planning on going to Japan to teach english, and I'm wondering where I should live. My ideal place would be: -not a huge city -lots of nature -lots of culture/tradition/historical areas -not excruciatingly hot in the summer, or buried under 6 feet of snow in winter -buddhist temples Any ideas?
Japan - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
kyoto
2 :
I also agree about Kyoto or at least near it, like Arashiyama or something. Matsumoto is also really pretty but far from any big city.
3 :
You won't have a choice. They send you where they need someone.BTW, you need a four year degree for that.
4 :
Atami in Izu I used to live there and its Ah-mazing!
5 :
1-1-1 Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
6 :
Trust me, you don't want to teach English in Japan. See what happens to English teachers http://www.debito.org/?p=2993
7 :
I would say NAGANO except it's climate. You can take a bullet train from TOKYO so it's very convenient if you want to go to a big city when you want.






Read more discussions :