Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I live in the UK - What would I need to do to live in Japan


I live in the UK - What would I need to do to live in Japan?
I'd like to live and work in Japan for a long period - what sort of planning and permits do I need? (aside from learning the language)
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Umm I think its the same for America. You can either get a tourist visa (live for a short time), a resident (live there but you are limited to jobs like work as a congress or join there army), and apply for the citizenship.
2 :
This isn't likely to happen unless you have a special skill few Japanese have. I think you qualify for a "working holiday", but you still need to be hired. Outside of teaching English, jobs are few and far between. You other wise need a work visa. To get a work visa you need a job prior to you going there. Things are not well in Japan right now. Jobs will always go to a native Japanese first.You, me, and another zillion people would like to live and work in Japan.
3 :
Get yourself a working visa and go over and see how you like it. If it works out you can get yourself another type of visa status. The LDP is talking about bringing in a new type of immigrant visa for those who have good Japanese. I'm guessing JLPT 2 or so will be the standard if it ever happens. Being an ESL instructor isn't the greatest job in the world, but it beats a lot of other jobs out there! Things are slow these days with economy and all, but there are still jobs out there, especially for someone with a working holiday visa.







Read more discussions :