Friday, May 21, 2010

Best jobs for foreigners who want to live in Japan


Best jobs for foreigners who want to live in Japan?
Ok, so all my life, since I was 5 and moved away from Japan (lived there on a military installation as a military brat), I've wanted to live in Japan as my #1 goal in life. My parents and everyone around me have been telling me I don't want to move anywhere else, USA is the best place to live, blah blah, so I developed a bit of an isolation towards everyone around me. I traveled there about half a year ago, and it reassured me about my feelings of living there. (staring at my ticket, contemplating ripping it up before I had to leave) Anyways, I came back and am almost done with my general education on my associates degree and need a bachelors major soon, but I can't decide what would be the best career to get into if I wanted to live in Japan. What would be the best major to study and what are the best jobs for westerners to get into in Japan (the highest acceptance rate for foreigners)?
Japan - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Of course the most popular job would be teaching English. If you're not into that, maybe something that would involve government/highly professional jobs that need an english speaking worker, or translate. Basically something revolving around English, because any other field you would have to prove your talents are needed and would be an asset to the company. Good luck in your adventures!
2 :
Teach English in Japan.
3 :
Teaching job is one of the option, but I know lots of English teachers in Japan saying "There is no future if you keep this job." If you really really love to teach, I think that's fine. Or as a temporary job, probably you can deal with it. But at some point, you may be eager to quit the teaching job. Well, people always complain about their companies, employers, or bosses without exception, so I cannot say or recommend "Hey, this job is the best! You should apply for this company!" After all, it all depends on what you want to do, what you are interested in, and what is the best for you. BTW, my husband used to teach English and then started working for the English newspaper company. He liked his job, but also he was b****ing about his boss almost everyday. Salary was really good, but since people read newspaper articles on the internet instead of subscribing, the company starts cutting bonuses and so on... (My husband quit that job because he got a job in the states.)
4 :
There's a program you can try out for a year. You have to have your Bachelors degree, and you can teach English in Japan. They will pay for your housing etc. It's called JET program. My goal is to move with my boyfriend back to Japan, so before I make the big step, I want to experience Japan's work area first. So I chose to pursue the JET program. Good luck in your future!
5 :
If some company is going to take you, that would be a foreign company in Japan or a Japanese company doing business with companies from abroad Anything economics related will do. Try "Marketing", " Management", "Finance", and whatever economic majors there are in your university.And take East Asian Languages as a minor (Japanese+ Chinese or Japanese+ Korean) . Japanese skills will take you far in Japan, and most companies have another East Asian partner.
6 :
First of all, you have to think of your purpose/goal of your life. You like Japan, and you want to stay/live in Japan, OK, then what you want to do? Living in Japan is just a condition of your life, not a purpose. English teacher might be an easy job you can find but is that what you want to do? On the other note, why do you like Japan? If it's because you are interested in Japanese culture or history, I think you can get an answer what to do. Think BIG!
7 :
'economics', 'finance'... etc. exchange market is very good. pay is really good in japan too. you need to study japanese too. there are looots of people who cannot speak or cannot write japanese too. but if you can you can get better post. find employment at the foreign-affiliated company in japan or just find employment in the us. you can go japanese branch later. i have some friends working in news agency. their pay is also good. not veeery good but better than other job. and you also need japanese skill.
8 :
Teach English, or if you're more ambitious, get a job with the U.S. Embassy in Japan. That way, your nagging parents and whoever will be somewhat content, and you'll get to be in Japan.
9 :
If you have graduated from university, you can easily get a job as a English teacher in Japan. More than that, you can earn much by this job. To be a English teacher in Japan, you don't have to speak Japanese. BUT it also means that you can't get any jobs but English teacher without speaking Japanese.





Read more discussions :