Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What do I do to live my life in Japan


What do I do to live my life in Japan?
I want to live in japan when i get older so I'll need to know how much money to save, what are some good cities to live in (close to the beach, hopefully), and what i need to do to get started in Japan.
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'd be honest, I think Yahoo needs a guide like: 'How to live the dream of living in Japan (in the near future)' or something like that. This question is so cliche now. Cities: Depends on what you're looking for. Big cities are Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto. other places: Yokohama, Nagoya(live there, many foreigners, cause of factory jobs, Gifu prefecture has many jobs like that too), Shizuoka prefecture (near Tokyo), Hokkaido pref. (but cold and up north, countryside), Mie (they have good onsens). If you're up for busy, crowded places, then choose the big cities. Countryside has less traffic to offer, but less people who speak English, so brush your Japanese. Yes, Japanese language is very crucial, especially if you're living in countrysides. Not quite sure about the money. I guess it's better that you check on prices and start on calculating your budget. Apartments from 300,000 yen upto more than 800,000 yen. The bigger and nicer the building/room the more expensive, and the more close to the city much more expensive. Transportation: buses 200, trains 200-390 (atleast where I live), bullet train from 100,000
2 :
For a start, you need a four year degree & a job offer before you get there. No degree = no job. Unless you had 10 years experience in a job field they needed. By the beach ? You're joking ? Most people can't even pick the city they want to live in ! My best advice is to start saving your money now. When you finish school, go there for a visit to check things out. You can stay up to 90 days as a visitor. You maybe in for a shock.
3 :
Man, you really have me on the fence as to how to reply to your question. But I have decided that because Carl added the 'You're joking' comment to his post, and it's Sunday, I'll just say that you need to listen to Carl. I will add, however, that you need to focus on the 'You're joking' comment, okay? Final answer....... EVERYTHING Carl said.
4 :
You usually need working or student visa to live in Japan. For working visa, you have to get a job offer from a Japanese company. But you can't look for a job in Japan without a visa. So you need it before you enter Japan. For student visa, you have to be admitted to a Japanese college. You need to pay tuition and living cost for 4 years. It could be about $80,000.





Read more discussions :