Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Would it be hard for a person with Peanut Allergies to live in Japan


Would it be hard for a person with Peanut Allergies to live in Japan?
I have a Peanut allergy and I want to live in Japan when I am older. I don't want to just eat a Mcdonalds either. Would it be hard for me to live there? I eat Japanese food, sense I am japanese. But my mom makes it Nut free. Do they cook alot that way ? ?
Allergies - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
talk to your allergist.
2 :
Wow thats a rough one.lol. I have nut allergies too. I would think that would be hard cause most of it has nut in it.
3 :
yea sure just don't eact peanut
4 :
Japanese tend to cook with vegetable and sesame oils, not peanut oil. Also, Japanese don't really cook with peanuts like other Asian countries. The only time you might encounter peanuts are in snacks where you can clearly see that there's peanuts in it. I don't think it'll be hard to live there with a peanut allergy but whenever you are concerned about the food, always ask, and be sure to tell them it's because you have an allergy. Otherwise, Japanese just think you're a picky eater and are not accommodating, especially when you look Japanese and not gaijin.







Read more discussions :