Monday, December 7, 2009

Are there any programs that aren't academic or military related that would allow me to live in Japan


Are there any programs that aren't academic or military related that would allow me to live in Japan?
I'm really wanting to move to Japan in the next two to three years. I want to find some sort of program that would help allow me to live there. I don't want to get a degree to do so (personal reasons, don't judge) and I do not want to enlist in the military. Any ideas/suggestions?
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you don't have a degree it is really hard to come here and live because most residency visas require at least a bachelor's degree or some other kind of specialized training. I HAVE heard of an ocean lifegaurd exchange program based out of Australia, but I don't know any details about it. You might contact the Japanese Embassy or a local Japanese Consulate in your area. They might be able to point you in the right direction if there are any programs around that would be right for you.
2 :
just look around for jobs that are outsourced to japan or american companies with a division in japan. i hope you find something. and i saw a thing on tokyo, it looks like a awesome place to live. like the homes are small and stuff but its all worth it. good luck there.
3 :
I don't remember what it was called, but maybe with some searching you can find it; there's a program where people go and live on a farm or whatever and work there in exchange for room and board. You don't need a degree for that at all, but it's not like it'll be in the middle of a big city. I really wish I could remember what it was called. I think this was it: http://www.wwoofinternational.org/ Here's another agriculture based program: http://www.agriventure.com/ I would have suggested "teaching English", but I think for those you need a degree. Otherwise, go on your own and try and find your own clients?
4 :
If you study karate etc. full time you would be eligible for a cultural visa. You would be entitled to work up to 20 hours a week. Back in the day people would take a couple classes a week and still get a cultural visa and then work full time, but the rules are stricter now. However you could go to the dojo in the mornings and work at whatever in the afternoons.







Read more discussions :