Saturday, November 7, 2009

What type of Bachelor's degree should I get in order to work and live in Japan


What type of Bachelor's degree should I get in order to work and live in Japan?
I am planning on moving to Japan as soon as I get my bachelor's in something. Right now I'm getting an associates for transferring to a four year college. But I'm not sure whether I should be getting an Elementary teaching degree (Bachelor's), or if it really matters as to what my BA is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can teach English in japan and world history . best if you take a 2 semester course in Japanese so that you can easily relate with the students ( Unless you fluently speak and write kanji) Accounting and media related jobs are also good in japan but its nice to be a teacher
2 :
What you're talking about is at least 5 years in the future.A lot can change in that time period.A degree in teaching would probably be your best bet as that can also be used in the US. You may want to realize that many people who go to Japan to teach English get burned out after just a year or two. The average monthly pay hasn't changed in years.Teaching English is not likely to be a long term affair.You may want to look beyond the time you'll be teaching English. There are a lot of wannabe teachers now, and the schools can afford to be more picky than they were in the past.So yes, what degree you have can matter.Just keep your future in mind if you discover working in Japan isn't for you.Outside of teaching English & high tech jobs, there isn't much available to non-Japanese.Most common jobs will always go to a native Japanese first. You can check out the web site below to get an idea of what kind of jobs employers are offering.
3 :
You should approach your plan based on your total career path. Going to Japan to work is one of the many steps in your career. If you want to work in education, then study a language or education. If you want to work in business or technology then pursue those paths. My BA helped me get hired. My transfer to the Japan offices was based on my work experience. Your work in Japan should be in line with your career goals.






Read more discussions :