Friday, October 14, 2011

Anyone live in Japan who wants to help me


Anyone live in Japan who wants to help me?
I',m a senior in highschool and am planning to study abroad in college (junior yr) in Japan. But i don't know any japanese but i want to become fluent. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me learn any before i go there, so i won't be there without any Japanese. Thanx if you can help! Maybe you could e-mail me or be something like pen pals. idk i just don't want to go there without any references...
Japan - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should get lessons. I'm a student learning Japanese too and I find japanesepod101.com REALLY good. They have native Japanese speaking on the podcasts so you really get the pronunciation right. My Japanese, both spoken and written, improved at sonic speeds. Also, go to a bookstore and get a Japanese textbook so you don't just learn from one source and get to practise your writing and reading. After you get the basics, you are ready to have a conversation, so try practising on any Japanese friends you have, in Japan, or even Japanese strangers you meet in your own country. They would usually be pleasantly surprised to meet Japanese-speaking people in a foreign country and start jabbering away in Japanese! As for practising your written Japanese, you can find a penpal by Googling "penpal" and many penpal websites will come up. I can be your penpal too if you want! Have fun! Japanese can be easy to learn if you enjoy it and put in effort :)
2 :
WalkingInWater (Shouldn't that be on?) is full of good suggestions. I learnt Japanese purely for conversation from Pimsleur Japanase series. It's a great way to start any language and it's literally effortless. An important tip : if you're learning from Pimsleur, dont ever write down the words pronunciation. It's best to learn only by ear, letting the meaning and the word "sound" hook up in your mind. Hope I made sense. Good luck.





Read more discussions :