Monday, May 21, 2012

Do you have to live in Japan to be a Manga-ka


Do you have to live in Japan to be a Manga-ka?
I've been drawing my own personal stories for a while now and since I started I've always wanted to publish one of stories but I live in America. Is it possible for me to be a mangaka without having to go to Japan?
Comics & Animation - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You don't have to live in Japan, to become a Mangaka- but it's a whole lot easier if you do live in Japan >.<! Cause in Japan, supplies are easier to get, publishing is easier, etc. But don't give up! Because it is quite possible to become a Mangaka without living in Japan ^^.
2 :
manga is a japanese creation, so basically, yes, you have to be in Japan to make a manga. for if you make it in America it'll just be known as a comic book, even if it has all the attributes of a manga. sorry, hun, it also helps to be asian. seriously, i don't know how seriously you'll be taken, but just being brutally honesty, chicky.
3 :
you dont have to live in japan . but it would be easier.
4 :
Yes and No. It would be best if you did. I'm planning to go to Japan someday and become a mangaka. Good luck to you. ~





Read more discussions :