Monday, February 1, 2010

Could I live in Japan as a researcher for their space program


Could I live in Japan as a researcher for their space program?
I want to be a researcher for the Japanese space program (JAXA). Would I be able to work for them and live in Tokyo? I would think that I would be able to work as an Astronomer in Japan. I would still be happy if I couldn't live in Tokyo, I just want to live in Japan. I live in America and I speak fluent Japanese. I also have a PhD in Astronomy, Physics, Mathematics and Japanese. I am also a Buddhist (If that changes anything).
Japan - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
what
2 :
Not a chance.
3 :
Contact JAXA if they support work visa for Americans.
4 :
You're not much of a researcher. I never heard of JAXA but I took a look at their website and found the answer in 2 minutes.
5 :
You could submit your CV and cover letter to JAXA in perfect Kanji (to test your language skills) and see if they get back to you. In all honesty, they won't and your chances are slim to none. You don't have any experience in the field and there are many Japanese with experience who would automatically get a job there. Why don't you study Astronomy or similar where you are (college, university, not online) and then once you have a degree, apply to NASA for a junior position and then work your way up? I am sorry to burst your pipe dream but this is the reality. If anyone says otherwise, (obviously to get the points no doubt), they are lying
6 :
Welcome to MOSQUE, the Ministry Of Silly QUEstions. We are here to serve. As Mugaisha has pointed out, you have almost no chance, read that as a snowball's chance in hell, of working where you want to work. However, we will provide reasons for such. Although the U.S. space program has had foreign citizens participate, this is not necessarily a reciprocal agreement. Japan has, and will always, pick their citizens over those of other countries. You may call that discrimination. Well, they put up signs with 'No foreigners' at times on certain establishments and get away with it. They can advertise for a 20-25 year old Japanese female who can also speak English in a job advert and get away with it. And YOU want to know if they are going to pick YOU over a Japanese person who can do the same job? Just ain't gonna' happen. We at MOSQUE hate to pop optimistic bubbles, but whatever,,,,,, POP!!!!
7 :
Many of JAXA employees are graduates of top university in Japan like Tokyo University. So you need to think how to join Tokyo University first.





Read more discussions :