Sunday, November 21, 2010

How many blacks live in Japan


How many blacks live in Japan?
Well I love Japan my aunt lives there with her kids ,so I wondered how many blacks live there.I'm not african american just kenyan.
Japan - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not a lot, as in.... very very low in numbers. Below are the top Demographic Nationalities of Japan North and South Koreans 1 million, Chinese 0.5 million, Filipinos 0.5 million, Brazilians 250,000 Peruvians 200,000. Other nationalities (examples): Americans, Canadians, Australians, British, Indonesians, Thais, Africans, Iranians, Russians, Turks, Indians and others.
2 :
Japan doesn't keep statistics on skin color. But the number is low, the majority of foreigners living in Japan are Asian. But I do occasionally see black junior high school/high school kids (wearing uniforms), but I assume that one of their parents is Japanese, but I can't be for sure.
3 :
Very low. In six months living in cities, I think I saw one black guy and he was in uniform. Maybe around military bases, but not much anywhere. Japanese have a fear of blacks, thanks to rap videos and movies. Your aunt would know best I think.
4 :
Not too many from what i've heard , but there are a few around the US military bases.
5 :
There are many Blacks in some areas, mostly the bigger cities (by many I mean a "surprisingly" larger number than what could be stereotypically thought). Most Black Americans are in the military, but there are students, teachers, tourists, etc. Most Blacks in Japan are Nigerians/Ghanaians working outside strip bars, selling boot-legged hiphop cloths, etc. I did meet some Kenyans. Some were nice, but there was one gay guy that was friends with masuda from pizzeria torreze. I'd stay away from Shinsaibashi in Osaka if you are Kenyan. Anyway, there are Black people in Japan, but most foreigners are other asians. There aren't even tons of whites in japan honestly, but there are more whites than Blacks. If you look for Blacks, you can find them easily though. Most japanee hate Blacks though because their culture has always valued light skin, they worship whites (who teach japanese to hate Blacks), and the media portrays Blacks as inferior. I won't deny that some Blacks do bad things in japan, but whites do things too and get away with it.





Read more discussions :