Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I currently live in Japan. Should I buy a car in the US while I have a good job in Japan


I currently live in Japan. Should I buy a car in the US while I have a good job in Japan?
When I return to the US I will become a grad student and I will possibly have a fellowship rather than a job. My question is since my credit/job status is at an all time high with the job I have in Japan, should I use it to my advantage and purchase a car before I return to live in the US? Thanks for the results everyone. I still would like to hear more of your input. Hondapilot4me, I would park the car at my parents house until I return to the US. It will be parked there for a 4 to 6 mos. period. The fellowship at a University I'm seeking will hopefully involve campus housing so parking is not a problem. I had a bad experience with used cars so I'm looking to purchase new, but cheap. Preferrably one with a 10 year warranty on it in case anything happens. I think Kenchan misread my question. I have a car in Japan. I was seeking to purchase/finance a car next year when I return to the US for grad school. I am saving money to do so. My question is, if I choose to finance, should I use my current job in Japan to help with the APR or wait until I return to the US with a minimal paying job and try to purchase/finance a car?
Buying & Selling - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I think you're better of renting or leasing first. Think about buying later.
2 :
Well, where would you park your car in America? Surely you're not going to buy a house with it, right? I would build up a small cash fund in Japan, and then prior to returning to the US, withdraw everything from that account and close it. Then, take that pile of cash and buy a decent used car such as a used Ford Taurus.
3 :
NO.You should sssave money. You can take train or bus and going anywhere you want in Japan. Having car is epensive in Japan, insurance and gas.





Read more discussions :