Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is it possible to live in Japan or Korea as a vegetarian


Is it possible to live in Japan or Korea as a vegetarian?
My mom is a vegetarian but my dad eats chicken so the only meat I eat is chicken is it possible to live like this in these two countries that have a lot of fish and meat.
Other - Cultures & Groups - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm a vegetarian and when I traveled to Japan I only ate the vegetable dishes, never sushi or squid or the popular seafood and meat dishes.
2 :
When you ask a Japanese person what their favorite food is, a lot of them will tell you vegetables. You can definitely get away with eating only vegetables since that is a large portion of Japan's diet. If you're not against meat, though, I'd definitely give some of their seafood dishes a try. Very delicious!
3 :
Oh yes, both countries incorporate a lot of vegetables in their dishes. Tofu is available in Korea in addition to Japan (although I believe there is only one type of Korean tofu whereas there are multiple types in Japan). Most Koreans, though, are not strictly vegetarians so they might find it kinda weird. If you're in the larger, more diverse cities like Seoul or Tokyo you shouldn't have a problem finding good restaurants because there are increasing numbers of Muslim immigrants who require a strict diet.





Read more discussions :