Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How much money should I take with me to live in Japan


How much money should I take with me to live in Japan?
I want to live in Japan someday, but I know it is really expensive. I don't want to move to Japan until I know I can afford to live there.
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I live on a military base in Okinawa, Japan. I know that it's even more expensive to live on the mainland but here are a few examples of how much things cost here off base. A thing of 64 oz. tide cost almost $50, ONE scoop of ice cream in a dish is about $3-$4, it costs $3,000 for THEM to get their lisences - it was free for me because I'm military.. Going out to eat is actually about the same. Japanese people here tend to eat out almost every day so that's pretty reasonable. I can't give you real great examples because we buy most of our things at the BX but my guess is it would cost about the same to live in New York City as it would to live in Tokyo. I just read on YAHOO!Answers that Tokyo is the most expensive place to live.. so more than New York City.
2 :
you will need at least 1500 $ / month to just live in Japan....
3 :
200.000 Y only eat and rent !
4 :
We just worked this out for a student who wanted to come and study here. Living in the most basic accommodation (which some people wouldn't accept) you'll need at least 100,000 a month (call it $1100). For a hotel stay, you're looking at about double that amount minimum.







Read more discussions :