Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm an American citizen, can I live in Japan without giving up my American citizenship


I'm an American citizen, can I live in Japan without giving up my American citizenship?
I wanna live in Japan, but I want to keep my American citizenship, one becasue it's my home country and two I might want to move back. I am not 18 yet, but I plan on moving there after I finish college.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You cannot become a citizen of Japan unless you are willing to give up your US citizenship. Provided you have employer sponsorship you can live in Japan as a resident. Getting employer sponsorship will be highly problematic.
2 :
Although the Japan does not recognize dual citizenship, the US will not recognize your intent to renounce US citizenship unless if it is officially done before an US Embassy or Consulate.







Read more discussions :