Sunday, June 7, 2009

What Visa should I apply for if I want to live in Japan


What Visa should I apply for if I want to live in Japan?
I don't know much about visas and they are confusing to me. I want got Temple University and live in Japan also. But I want to continue living there even after school. What visa should I apply for?
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Visa.
2 :
The bad news is, you may not be allowed to. It all depends if you can fit in one of the categories of Japanese visa. For example, I've been living here in Japan with a work visa for a long time, During that period, if I stopped working in the line of work my visa covered, I would have had to either change visa, or, after a short time, to leave Japan. A permanent visa would allow you to stay here without work or study justifications, but the conditions to get one are difficult, and include a long time of continuous stay in Japan under other visa. The guidelines to apply for a permanent visa is 10 consecutive years in Japan, so don't be in too much of a hurry; time is shortened to 5 years if you marry a Japanese national. A work visa would allow you to work in Japan in the line of work it applies to. Not every line of work is covered, it is supposed to be for skilled workers that can benefit Japan. A student visa will allow you to stay for the duration of a specific program. If you marry a Japanese national, you can apply for a spouse visa. You have to take a serious look at what visa may apply to you, and also how you plan to live in Japan. How will you support yourself? What type of work would you do? Work visa apply only to some categories of work, so you need to check if what you want to do will be covered. You will also need to actually find an employment before applying for a work visa (you would find you job either from abroad or while covered by another visa, like tourist or student). I suggest you begin by checking the web site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Japan, I added the link to it. Good luck!






Read more discussions :